Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Volunteer Recruiting Tactic – Web 2.0 style

Through my day job at Elcom I recently commenced work with a major brand, which is relaunching their online presence.

This iconic brand (at this stage I can’t disclose the brand) has been around for 15 years and has done an excellent job in building a hugely successful brand – yet their online presence was a mish-mash of pages with no clear direction.

Since they are a charity and in order to achieve their major fund raising objectives they engage an army of volunteers to participate in their appeal.

Out of all my recommendations – and believe me, I don’t shy from recommending, they happily embraced the idea of creating a MySpace presence in order to attract more volunteers.

I will keep you posted on the how this strategy progresses.

Till later,

Billy

No comments: